“The soul that sees beauty sometimes walks alone” – Goethe
- Are you overwhelmed by loud noises, strong smells, scratchy fabrics, bright lights and crowded places?
- Often have difficulty letting go of negative thoughts and emotions?
- Do you find yourself deeply affected by the moods of others?
- Throughout your life have you been told you are “too sensitive” or “think too much”?
- Are you moved by the beauty of art, music and nature?
- Do you avoid violent movies?
- Is your inner life one that is rich and complex?
If you answered yes, to most of these questions it may indicate you are a Highly Sensitive Person. If so, you are not alone. Dr. Elaine Aron in her book the “Highly Sensitive Person” shows through research that approximately 20% of people (and some animals) have a biological trait of processing subtleties and details more deeply than others. The acronym D.O.E.S. describes the 4 main categories an HSP experiences:
- Depth of processing
- Emotional Responsivity/Empathy
- Sensitive to subtleties
A Highly Sensitive Person can feel like the “volume” in life is turned up on high. The world around them affects their day-to-day life in a deeper way. Once a Highly Sensitive Person begins to live a lifestyle that accommodates this temperament, they can find a treasure of creativity and intuition as a benefit to them.
In order to determine if you have the HSP trait you can go here to take a self-test: https://hsperson.com/test/highly-sensitive-test/
If you are an HSP and would like to turn your sensitivities into your strengths, I would look forward to hearing from you. Being an HSP myself, I specialize in the trait of the Highly Sensitive Person (HSP).
“Sensitive- The Untold Story Trailer”
You can watch the full version of this movie at: http://sensitivethemovie.com/
Sensitive and In Love
You can learn more about this movie at https://hsperson.com/sensitive-and-in-love/